Linux Users: As of this writing, Scorch does not work on computers running the Linux operating system. If you have Linux, you can view a list of our tabs in PDF format instead of the Scorch by following this link.
Mac Users: If you using a Mac with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) please be advised that Scorch has some potential compatibility issues with Safari. Please follow this link to the Sibelius web site for workarounds on this issue. As an alternative to Safari, consider running Firefox or Chrome on Snow Leopard Macs and running Scorch as a plug-in to either of these browsers.
iPad/iPod/iPhone Users: These devices run versions of the iPhone operating system, not the regular Mac OS. Scorch is only available for the regular Mac OS.
Here is a checklist to follow to troubleshoot problems viewing and playing our tabs using Scorch.
- Make sure you have installed the Scorch plug-in.
If you haven't done so, go to the Scorch site using your web browser and install Scorch on your computer. Follow this link to install Scorch.
- Check the Scorch FAQ page
If you are having problems after installing Scorch, visit the Scorch website and look through their Frequently Asked Questions page. You will find answers to common problems here. Follow this link to view the Scorch FAQ page.
- Check the Sibelius Help Center
If you can't find an answer to your problem on the FAQ page, you should try the Sibelius Help Center. Sibelius is the name of the music notation software used to develop the Scorch files and the company that distributes Scorch.
Click here to visit the Sibelius Help Center
- Look through the Frequently Asked Questions on this page.
- If you still need help, do a search using the form provided. Select "Scorch" in the "My search is about:" box, enter your operating system, and type in information about the problem you are experiencing.
- Check the Tech Support Chat Page
If you can't find an answer to your problem after following the above steps, try the Sibelius Tech Support Chat Page.
- First, go to the Sibelius Community page by clicking here.
- Next, click on the Guest button in the Tech Support Chat section
- You'll see a list of recently asked support questions. Look through these to see if there are any that address your issue.
- Contact Sibelius Technical Help
If none of the above have resolved your problem, the submit a tech support request to Sibelius. Follow this link to go to the Tech Support Request Page.